Wednesday, December 31, 2008

LSD wasn't even a small part of it

As important as taking acid was for me at a point in my development as a full blown freak, there were many things involved in tribe building. I want to talk about several of them in the next several entries.

To list them:

1) Music: Rich Prophets

2) Politics: Vietnam and the Politicos

3) Appearance; Almost cut my hair

4) Communes and Community: Wooden Ships

5) Sexuality: All you need is love

5a) On the Road Again

6) Woodstock: This is the end, my only friend, the end

7) Drug Abuse: Lock your doors to your brother

8) Progression

9) In Retrospect

House Keeping: Sandy Clarke has changed her e-mail address, probably because I e-mailed her entries of this blog which discussed her. I know there are people (Dan Reddy is another one) who deny the past that is Vagabondays, but I don't really understand how you can deny days that helped form all of us. I'm thankful for what I saw, what I did and the friends I made ALTHOUGH I was even happier when I got out of the drug cycle. I drink occassionally now (and smoke cigars when I do), but I haven't taken psychedelics or smoked "weed" (I do like the word "dope" better) since Jan. 11, 1971. I don't see myself changing that resolve any time soon. I am wary of tranquilizers and pain pills, but have to take lifelong medication for a psychiatric condition that is pretty well under control. I take as little as I can, but always within certain therapeutic levels.

Women are pragmatic and take care of their young. The defining time in most of their lives is when they give birth, and most women are the emotional center of their homes (a man may be a partner is running that home). The women of those days - including my wife Ann - seem to have no desire to look back carefully, with love and concern for those we were separated from along the way. If we wanted to, or did, live with people then, is there no interest in remebering where we were together, understanding that we all made it through that fire, one way or the other. It's abour people's stories and photos from the day.

Can we act on the idea of remembering and sharing?

E-mail me at ausforever@msn.com or do a comment. I'm thankful that one person has shared. Do you have memories and emotions to share? What was the most remarkable thing that happened during this time.

The blog address is, again: http://vagabondays.blogspot.com/

No comments: